Today is a great day, because the search for a low-sugar biscuit recipe is over! These biscuits are addicting and delicious, and your tribe will ask for more!
Honey Buttermilk Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, grated
- 2 tablespoons Wildflower honey
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1. Whisk together dry ingredients, then grate butter into mixture. Mix gently with your fingers until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add honey and buttermilk and stir until dough starts to come together.
- 2. Preheat oven to 425*. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead four or five times. Pat dough flat to about 1 inch thick. Cut out biscuits and place on a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper.
- 3. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until tops are browned. Remove and brush with melted butter.